Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Week of True Fellowship & Reflection


Much like how cursillos have had their effect upon me; I couldn't get into reflecting on other things today except for what I experienced the past couple of days at the Society of the Holy Trinity's general retreat.

The theme for this year's retreat was centered around the lost rubric or practice of individual confession in American Lutheranism.  Outside of the fascinating facts and insightful pastoral applications to be noted; what intrigued me the most about it all is the notion of accountability.

Accountability isn't just in relating to our penitent hearts' Gracious beckoning for God to reconcile our sins but also accountability in fellowship as the family--the church.  Accountability in how we care and minister to each other in reconciling and spiritual transformation.

One of the things I have been having an ongoing education of is what orthodoxy and faith really mean in the light of God's GRACE.  Satan has been working over time to paint a picture to the world of polarized political opposites and concerns that are not centered in God's will but the unholy trinity of I, Me and Mine.  What people I feel are truly afraid of however is the uncontrollable power of faith, the awesome beauty of brotherly love and a life unwaveringly committed to Christ Jesus.

This Sunday's coming lectionary is building upon what my heart felt within this wonderful, welcoming community of faithful Lutheran pastors which was GRACE shared in equipping the saints for ministry.  We are both saint and sinner and must never fall away from reconciling our hearts to God for all we do and say together as the Body.

St. Paul's greatest hopes of true koinonia for God's people, the Body, exists here.  There were several opportunities of worship during the retreat where more or less the "why" of worship was the empowered voices of faith vibrating the chapel walls with an energy that feeds the soul.

In short, I am truly grateful for these days as I grow closer to being fully equipped to serve God.  I Thank God for communities like this and the friends I have made--what a Blessing!

God Bless Your Thursdays!
Nicole Collins
Seminarian

No comments:

Post a Comment