Monday, November 11, 2013

We all could use some "S.O.A.P"~ daily discipleship as experienced this past week at the Mission Festival

One of the wonderful exercises we did at the mission festival was to focus upon daily spiritual formation and growth as a disciple of Christ, called: S.O.A.P.  It is scripture, observation, application and prayer.  

I will definitely incorporate this kind of meditation into my prayer life.  This was a verse given at the break-out sessions and my responses~

Psalm 119:97-104
97Oh, how I love your law! It is my meditation all day long.
98Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is always with me.
99I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your decrees are my meditation.
100I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts.
101I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word.
102I do not turn away from your ordinances, for you have taught me.
103How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

Scripture: Chose one verse that stands out to you. Write it out on the lines below.
104 "Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way."

Observation:  In one sentence, what observations can you make about this verse?
Truth is revealed the more you study God's Word
Grow and Go with God as well as fight heresy.

Application: In one sentence, what application to your life will you consider making?
Being more supportive of Orthodoxy's voice.

Prayer: Based on your meditation, write out a prayer to God.

Heavenly Father,
May your Word always guide my heart
May I be a source to others to defend your Word
And build others up with the Truth of your Word
May the light of your GRACE break through the darkness--
AMEN

God Bless Your Mondays!
Nicole Collins


No comments:

Post a Comment