Sunday, January 18, 2015

"My First Witness as a Pastor" by Rev. Nicole A.M. Collins



"The recorded message was done taking on what I like to call, the “Dawson Challenge.” The past six years of mentoring under Pastor Eric he always tried to get me to preach without notes…  Sometimes I could manage to preach down to a set of index cards with a few bullet points but I really didn’t feel comfortable with that much at all.  I then went back into completely composing them but then found a perfect rhythm of using my voice recorder to sketch out ideas earlier in the week. 

For him, I still wasn’t expressing my true spiritual sketch of the texts.  I am still trying to find a happy medium between the two but for this evening, the day after my ordination I have to agree with him that I needed to just speak and let the Spirit do the rest.

So~ here is my first witness composed completely by the Spirit, no paper, no notes!
I share as we all need to share our witness to Christ working in our lives to live for His Gospel of Grace."

Peace,
Rev. Nicole Collins
Spiritual Formation Pastor
for the Gathering North church plant

http://youtu.be/nsaLTAoODbA

No comments:

Post a Comment